Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

I have two meters chiffon fabrics, I’m thinking to make a blazer or maxi skirt and all of my friends suggest maxi skirt. one of them suggest asymmetric skirt but I can’t make it short in front and long in back. I want it full covered but still asymmetric. can you suggest a design for me?

posted over 2 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

you could still have it asymmetrical, but not as dramatic as a fishtail :)

posted over 2 years ago

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

Well, with 2 meters you can make a maxi skirt, though if it’s a straight skirt (tube shaped) it might not hang right if you have big hips – I learnt this the hard way ;) It’s better to make a circle skirt, though i don’t think two meters is large enough, assuming it’s 2 meters long by 2 meters wide.
If you want an asymmetrical hemline, just fold the skirt flat in half (do this before putting in the elastic and after sewing it into a tube shape), and measuring how long you want the front to be, cut in a slightly curved line down to the bottom hemline, like the shape of an upside down parabola. Make sure to leave at least a quarter of the entire hemline uncut, to have that nice maxi skirt look at the back. Then insert the elastic.
Or you can fold the fabric into a triangle and wrap it loosely around your waist so you can take it off, sewing it together and attach elastic. That’s how many maxi asymmetrical skirts are made, i think.
Just take a look around at the types of maxi skirts out there and get some inspiration before you start making it. It’s very easy to make. Good luck!

posted over 2 years ago

MollyRose
New_user MollyRose is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MollyRose reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MollyRose

Chiffon is so pretty when its draped I redolent doing it on the bias. (This can take a lot of fabric) the easiest way is to lay your fabric out flat (and unfolded). Now, measure your waist. If you want it to really drape add a few inches so you can gather it. Now find the Center of fabric and cut out a circle with your waist measurement (or whereever you want it to sit.) Then measure down from where you want the top of it to be to the hem and then draw a circle that far from the edges of the first one. Cut it all out and all you have to do is put in a dipper or elastic and sew the hem. No side seems, yay!!
ASYMETRICAL: all you have to do is slew it. Position the waist circle so its NOT in the fabrics Center and then position the second circle so its shorter portion is the front length the longer the back and the medium the sides.

Good luck, this trick always works for me hope it does for you too!

posted over 2 years ago

mare_santos
Style_council
mare_santos

straight is basic, therefore very useful, asimetrical only for few ocations, i would sugest only a little asimetrical, therefore is not very memorable :)

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION